The Challenger

The Student News Site of Troy High School

The Challenger

The Challenger

Attention Lifeguards!!! Possible Job Opening for The Special Olympics Swimming Team!

With seniors leaving Troy High School this June, many jobs and clubs will be left with a lack of workers and participants. One Job in particular is a volunteer Lifeguard job right here in the Troy High School building. The Special Olympics is looking for volunteers to work as a Lifeguard at the Troy High School pool on Fridays all next year! 

As the Special Olympics only Volunteer Lifeguard at the moment, I am reaching out to spread the work so these very kind people can keep practicing and having fun with the facilities Troy High graciously provides. The team meets up every Friday around 4:30 in either the High School or the Middle School Pool. They usually practice for roughly an hour and a half before wrapping up to talk about possible events taking place. These meetings usually do not happen in the pool area, and the Lifeguard is encouraged to go as well if they’d like to.  

Through my 3 years of volunteering for these amazing athletes, I have never had a bad experience with any of them. They were understanding whenever I was unable to make it to work, and they even showed up for my own sports and drama events and shows. They will support and celebrate with you, always showing kindness and compassion. I hate to be leaving this kind group of people when I leave for college, so it has become my goal to help them keep practicing and having fun in the pools right here at Troy. 

Pasted below is a hyperlink to the Special Olympics Volunteer website. Please feel free to click here and check out the webpage to help the Capital District swimming team for the Special Olympics. Posted is my own personal email for anyone wishing to reach out to work and be connected to the head Coach of the Special Olympics Swim Team. Please feel free to reach out about this open job and Volunteer opportunity.